AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Real Estate: Acquisition, development, management, leasing, landlord and tenant matters, and fair housing
- Corporate: General corporate representation, including sales and acquisitions, as well as governance
- Entertainment Law: Representation of film and TV producers and writers, theatrical producers, authors, actors and performers, as well as entertainment trade associations and entertainment services
- Cultural Institutions: Corporate governance and institutional representation in food services and catering services agreements.
U.S. Federal District Court for Northern District
- Chambers USA American Leading Lawyers in Media and Entertainment Law, 2003-2016
- Illinois Leading Lawyer in Commercial Real Estate and Entertainment Law and Advisory Board Member, 2003-Present
- Illinois Super Lawyers in Entertainment Law, 2007-2009, 2013-2014, 2018
- Best Lawyers in America in Entertainment Law, 2007-present
- Best Lawyers' Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television "Lawyer of the Year" for Chicago, 2016, 2018
- Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
J.D. from University of Illinois College of Law, 1979
B.B.A. (with Distinction) from the University of Michigan – Stephen M. Ross School of Business, 1975
American Bar Association
ABA Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
Illinois State Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
Lawyers for the Creative Arts
Prior to joining Golan Christie Taglia, David was a partner with K & L Gates, LLP, and its predecessor, Bell, Boyd & Lloyd, LLP, where he worked for almost 25 years. He started his career as an associate, then partner, with Greenberg Keele Lunn & Aronberg.
David has been a four-term trustee of the Village of Lincolnshire (1988-1993 and 2005-2013). He also served three terms on the Village Plan Commission of Lincolnshire (1986-1988 and 1997-2003).
Since the beginning of his career, David has been a frequent lecturer on entertainment law, real estate management and fair housing issues, including lectures for the Institute of Real Estate Management, Chicago Association of Realtors, Chicago Bar Association, Commercial Theater Institute, and North American Theater Engineering and Architecture Conference.
- Chicago Children’s Theatre, Vice-Chair (Former President) and Founding Board Member
- Behind the Scenes Foundation (formerly PLASA Foundation), Vice Chair and Founding Board Member
- Lawyers for the Creative Arts, Board/Honors Council