We spend a lot of time on site with our clients—learning first-hand about their businesses. Such focus gives us an edge in creating the most appropriate solutions.
REPRESENTING CLIENTS THROUGHOUT ILLINOIS TO OBTAIN LONG-TERM PROPERTY TAX SAVINGS
Commercial, industrial and residential property taxpayers know that real estate tax matters can be quite daunting. It is difficult understanding assessment cycles, deadline schedules and knowing the impact a new assessment may have on subsequent tax bills. Every county has different filing procedures and deadlines. Failing to timely file could deprive you of your opportunity to appeal for a full year.
Golan Christie Taglia offers the expertise to help you address these challenges and strives to help you achieve the maximum possible tax savings. With offices in Chicago and Springfield, we assist clients throughout Illinois. We maintain excellent working relationships with taxing officials and many legislators statewide.
- Tax Assessment Appeals — In counties throughout Illinois, we provide all legal services required to review and contest your property taxes at every level of the appeal process. (For properties outside Illinois, we have working relationships with law firms in other states.)
- Annual Assessment Review — Is your property being assessed fairly and uniformly each year? We’ll review your assessments on an annual basis to help prevent any surprises.
- Tax Incentives & Abatements — We help you determine if your property is eligible for tax incentives or abatements. If it is, we’ll take you through each step necessary to qualify for these significant tax benefits.
- Tax Impact Studies — To help you make informed decisions based on current and future tax liabilities, we’ll provide tax projections for your current holdings or properties you may consider acquiring.
- Tax Department Services — For those with an in-house tax department, we provide your personnel with expert assistance and training. We can also serve as your outside property tax department, ensuring that all tax notices and bills are reviewed and processed accurately and on time.
UNSURPASSED LEADERSHIP & EXPERTISE
Our Property Tax Assessment Law team is led by Donald T. Rubin. Concentrating in real estate tax law since 1981, he was founder and the first president of the Illinois Property Tax Lawyers Association. Together, Don and the Golan Christie Taglia team offer more than 90 years of combined expertise in property tax law.