AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Complex litigation in state and federal court
- Prosecution and defense of collection actions, foreclosures and eviction proceedings
- Conduct of bench and jury trials
- Handling of appeals through Illinois Supreme Court and 5th and 7th Circuit Courts of Appeal
- Representation of debtors and creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13
- Litigation of numerous avoidance actions and preference claims
- Asset protection planning
- Counseling small to mid-sized businesses
United States Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals (5th Circuit)
U.S. Court of Appeals (7th Circuit)
U.S. District Court, N.D. Illinois
Member of Trial Bar
- Selected as a Super Lawyer (in the top 5% of attorneys)
- Member of Leading Lawyers Network
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
J.D. from Loyola University School of Law, 1982
B. A. From University of Illinois – Champaign- Urbana, 1979
Phi Beta Kappa
American Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
DuPage County Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
Barb Yong joined Golan Christie Taglia 1999. Prior to going into private practice in 1986, she was Special Assistant Attorney General in the Office of the Illinois Attorney General.
Barb negotiated a $10 million settlement with GE on behalf on the Retirees of Montgomery Ward to compensate them for their loss of medical and life insurance benefits as a result of the Montgomery Ward Bankruptcy.
Barb was retained to pursue over 120 avoidance actions in the Eagle Food Centers Bankruptcy.
Frequent speaker on bankruptcy and asset protection planning.
Founder of the annual Chicago Equal Pay Day Rally.
Barb is an active member of several professional and charitable organizations, including:
- BPW Illinois Education Foundation
- Illinois Federation of Business Women’s Clubs
- Illinois Wage Project
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Park PALS – Patrons around LaGrange
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Illinois CPA Society
- Professional Women’s Club of Chicago
- Lawyers Connecting