Chicago Daily Law Bulletin’s IP News Challenge with Beverly A. Berneman
February 21, 2023
Do you need to register your copyright before you can file an infringement action? Can a plaintiff enforce an injunction order that describes broad categories of trade secrets? Is an artificial intelligence machine considered an inventor under the U.S. Patent Act?
Navigating the ever-changing IP landscape and staying up to date on the latest developments can seem daunting at times. Keep up with the latest news and sharpen your IP knowledge with the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin’s IP News Challenge, a new column featuring a news quiz with GCT’s Intellectual Property Group Chair Beverly A. Berneman.
From patents, trademarks and copyrights to trade secrets, domain name issues and licensing, the IP News Challenge discusses recent topics in the industry, testing your knowledge of recent events and changes in the law.
- Court Has Harsh View of Missed Deadline for Answering Requests for Admission (February 21, 2023)
- Act Prompts New Look at Right of Publicity After Person's Death (January 19, 2023)
- Legality of Hemp Plays Into Question of Protecting Product's Trademark (December 6, 2022)
- Can Horror Movie Screenwriter Win Bid to Reclaim Attorney Fees? (October 31, 2022)
- Banana, Tape and What Makes Art Original Enough to Claim Copyright (September 22, 2022)
- Which AIG is That? Case to Examine when Trademark Confusion Begins (September 1, 2022)
- Minimum Creativity Examined in Lawsuit Over Katy Perry Song (August 11, 2022)
- What Effect Do Cease and Desist Negotiations Have on Jurisdiction? (July 19, 2022)
- Does Right to Free Speech Trump Trademark Law on Cheeky T-shirts? (July 5, 2022)
- Can a Company Suppress Online Negative Customer Reviews? (May 31, 2022)
- Does a Parody of a Famous Trademark Create a Likelihood of Confusion? (May 19, 2022)
- Can an artificial intelligence machine be an inventor under the U.S. Patent Act? (May 3, 2022)
Beverly is a partner and chair of the Intellectual Property Practice Group at Golan Christie Taglia LLP. She safeguards creativity and works with businesses to protect their intangible assets in the form of patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. Email Beverly with question or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.