October 17, 2019Dangerous Intellectual Property MythsLocation: Golan Christie Taglia, 70 West Madison Street, Suite 1500, Chicago, Il 60602Speakers: Beverly A. Berneman
Please join Golan Christie Taglia Partner Beverly A. Berneman for an informative Lunch & Learn to demystify common intellectual property myths that could put you and your business at risk.
Registration & Lunch: 11:30 AM–12:00 PM
Program: 12:00 PM–1:00 PM
By October + Questions:
Evyan O’keefe: Eokeefe@Gct.Law
September 19, 2019NEW EEO-1 REPORTING REQUIREMENTS INTRODUCED: CHANGES COULD SPOTLIGHT UNINTENDED PAY INEQUITIESLocation: Golan Christie Taglia 70 West Madison Street Suite 1500 Chicago, Il 60602Speakers: Laura A. Balson
EEO-1 reports must be filed by September 30, 2019. This year, there is a significant change in the employer’s responsibility. The EEOC is requesting information about employees’ pay and hours worked, broken down by race, sex and ethnicity, from 2018 and 2017 payrolls.
This poses several potential challenges for employers. Please join us to learn more about the new requirements, and what to do if you discover pay inequities that could be perceived as discriminatory.
Let GCT walk you through questions you may have, such as:
- Who is required to file an EEO-1 report by September 30, 2019?
- What information must be reported about employees’ pay rates and hours worked?
- If a company hasn’t compiled the information yet, is it too late to meet the deadline?
- How is the federal government going to use the information that is reported by employers?
- Will employees have access to the data and can it be used in potential pay discrimination lawsuits?
- Should employers use the data to take corrective action if they show a disparity based on race, ethnicity or gender?
- What kind of corrective action would be most effective?
REGISTRATION & LUNCH:
11:30 AM–12:00 PM
12:00 PM–1:00 PM
RSVP BY SEPT 9 TO EVYAN O’KEEFE AT:
September 8, 2019 - September 11, 2019Interior Property Inspections and the Fourth Amendment: Does this affect your jurisdiction?Location: Scotiabank Convention Centre, 6815 Stanley Ave, Niagara Falls, CanadaSpeakers: James W. Chipman
Please join Golan Christie Taglia attorney James W. Chipman for his presentation at the 85th Annual International Conference on Assessment Administration to be held in Niagara Falls, Ontario on Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 10:45 a.m.
The 4th Amendment to the United States Constitution protects property owners from unreasonable governmental searches and seizures without a warrant. Are interior inspections of property by assessors, without consent, a "search" within the meaning of the amendment?
For more information or to register, please visit the 2019 Annual Conference website here.
July 25, 2019401(k) PLAN WEBINAR: HOW TO AVOID A DOL AUDITLocation: Webinar 12:00pm - 1:00pm CST Followed by Q&ASpeakers: Andrew S. Williams
Ways employers can maintain a compliant 401(k) plan and be proactively prepared to defend their practices.
Golan Christie Taglia partner, Andrew S. Williams, in collaboration with Chris Davis of the U.S. Department of Labor, is pleased to present an hour-long webinar that will address big picture compliance concepts.
Join us for this unique opportunity to gain from Andy’s Employee Benefits and ERISA expertise, and get audit insight directly from the U.S. Department of Labor as host of this event. Andrew S. Williams, Partner, Golan Christie Taglia LLP, will provide answers to questions, like:
- We hired someone to run the plan – isn’t that enough?
- Do we need to hire an investment advisor for the plan?
- Who pays plan service providers?
- There’s a fidelity bond required by law – doesn’t that protect me?
Chris Davis, Associate Regional Director, Chicago Regional Office, Employee Security Benefit Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, will cover key points for retirement plans and information including:
- What to expect from each phase of an investigation
- Steps you can take to keep your plan in compliance
- The Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program, and
- The Delinquent Filer Voluntary Compliance Program
RSVP to Sierra James at 312.263.2300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
June 19, 2019Asset Protection Planning For Business OwnersLocation: Cliff Dwellers Club, 200 South Michigan Avenue, Floor 22, Chicago, IL 60604Speakers: Barbara L. Yong
Please join Golan Christie Taglia attorney, Barbara L Yong, at the SBAC Lawyers’ Community Educational Forum for Business Owners for her presentation regarding asset protection planning for business owners.
Other topics covered include HR, intellectual property, insolvency, and corporate organization. The event will provide answers to the questions you always wanted to ask your attorney—but haven’t.
For more information or to register, please visit the event website here.