- Prosecution and defense of complex business disputes at bench and jury trials, and appeals, in state and federal courts, including partnership disputes, real estate, employment, contracts, leases, business torts, warranty, and fraud claims.
- Extensive litigation experience representing private and family-owned companies, executives, governmental agencies, and private individuals in multiple commercial sectors, including real estate, banking, manufacturing, retail, food products, technology, health care, construction, and professional services.
- Appointed as a Special Assistant Attorney General to represent governmental agencies in eminent domain proceedings in the Northern Illinois region.
U.S. District Court, N.D. Illinois (Trial Bar)
U.S. District Court, C.D. Illinois
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Rated AV in the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law, 1998
- Chicago-Kent Moot Court Honor Society (Vice-President, 1997-98)
- Extern, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Northern District of Illinois (1998)
B.A. from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1994
- Double Major – Economics & History
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rothberg School, Israel, 1993
Illinois State Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association (Judicial Evaluation Committee, 2015 – Present)
Defense Research Institute – Employment Law & Commercial Litigation Committees
David joined Golan Christie Taglia in 2020. Previously, he was in private practice; most recently as a partner at Gozdecki, Del Giudice, Americus, Farkas & Brocato, and was an associate and partner at Deutsch, Levy & Engel.
In addition, David has served as an Assistant Attorney General in the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, General Law Bureau, Labor and Employment Law Unit, where he handled the defense of employers in federal and state employment litigation.
National MS Society – Bike MS Tour de Farms
- Gold Spoke Top Fundraiser