We get to know our clients and their business objectives, and we dedicate ourselves to providing them with the highest level of service on every matter.
– Tony Taglia, Managing Partner
Golan Christie Taglia’s Corporate team has decades of knowledge and experience handling the full suite of legal services for businesses of all sizes.
Our highly collaborative approach allows us to fully understand our clients’ businesses and serve as trusted advisors — from ideation to growth to exit.
What We Do
From business formation to succession planning, opportunities and hurdles surface at every stage. GCT’s depth of experience allows clients to seamlessly navigate legal requirements, no matter the complexity.
Our attorneys guide clients through the initial structuring process with proactive solutions for day-to-day operations, including:
- Recommending appropriate business formation structures for now and the future
- Negotiating financing and funding to operate and grow
- Drafting the third-party agreements that can take a business to the next level
As a business grows, so do the challenges owners face. GCT attorneys help clients look around corners, providing actionable, practical advice on:
- Capital structure
- Contracting and licensing
- Stock or other ownership options
- Tax planning
When selling, merging with or acquiring another business represents the next stage for a client, GCT brings the deep experience and insight needed to navigate options, minimize risks and protect the interests of business owners and investors. GCT assists clients at every step, including:
- Strategizing advantageous plans for changes in ownership
- Structuring favorable transactions
- Analyzing tax implications
- Spearheading the due diligence process
- Identifying potential risks and negotiating allocation among the parties involved
- Documenting and closing transactions
- Maintaining positive employee relations throughout the process
Business Succession Planning
It is never too early to begin planning for the next phase of business. GCT brings decades of experience helping companies identify and transition to the next generation of leaders, providing thoughtful and actionable succession planning solutions for businesses.
We work in tandem with the firm’s estate planning and taxation attorneys to apply sophisticated corporate, tax and estate planning techniques and address both corporate and personal issues, including:
- Business trust creation and funding
- Charitable foundation formation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
- Generational planning
- Gifting programs
Who We Serve
Working alongside general counsel and C-Suite ownership officers, GCT attorneys represent companies:
- Of all sizes, with a particular focus on family or closely held businesses with $5-100 million in revenue
- Across industries, including manufacturing and health care
- Throughout the full business life cycle, from startup ideation to succession planning and sale
How We Do It
GCT’s Corporate attorneys serve as the day-to-day legal lead for clients, working seamlessly with the firm’s litigation, intellectual property, employment, real estate and tax teams.
Clients appreciate this team approach to their business and legal needs, as it allows them to maximize the value of their business, minimize risk and control costs at every turn.
- 11/9/2021 GCT360 Webinar: New Considerations for Year-End Estate and Tax Planning, Asset Protection and IP Protection
- 1/15/2020 New Employment Laws Every Illinois Employer Must Know
- 1/29/2019 Debunking Common Myths To Grow Your Business
- 12/4/2018 Taxing the Internet: When "Settled Law" Because Unsettled
- 5/24/2017 Financial Poise Seminar, Business Tax Law 101
- 1/11/2017 Crowdfunding Rules & Regulation in 2017: What Every Attorney Should Know
- 7/18/2016 Liability and the Design Professional: What Are the Exposures, Real and Imagined?
- Fully Using Tax Advantages of Limited Liability Companies, NBI, June 2015
- Handling the Sale of a Business, NBI, June 2015
- Advantageous Uses of LLCs, NBI, April 2015
- Businesses Turn to Online Fundraisers to Generate Money, December 2013
- An Analysis of Current Laws and Regulations Affecting the Securities and Futures Industries, December 2013
- JOBS Act Takes Look at "Crowdfunding", June 2012