We get to know our clients and their business objectives, and we dedicate ourselves to providing them with the highest level of service on every matter.
– Tony Taglia, Managing Partner
REPRESENTING CLIENTS THROUGHOUT ILLINOIS TO OBTAIN LONG-TERM PROPERTY TAX SAVINGS
Commercial, industrial and residential property taxpayers know that real estate tax matters can be quite daunting. It is difficult understanding assessment cycles, deadline schedules and knowing the impact a new assessment may have on subsequent tax bills. Every county has different filing procedures and deadlines. Failing to timely file could deprive you of your opportunity to appeal for a full year.
Golan Christie Taglia offers the expertise to help you address these challenges and strives to help you achieve the maximum possible tax savings. With offices in Chicago and Springfield, we assist clients throughout Illinois. We maintain excellent working relationships with taxing officials and many legislators statewide.
- Tax Assessment Appeals — In counties throughout Illinois, we provide all legal services required to review and contest your property taxes at every level of the appeal process. (For properties outside Illinois, we have working relationships with law firms in other states.)
- Annual Assessment Review — Is your property being assessed fairly and uniformly each year? We’ll review your assessments on an annual basis to help prevent any surprises.
- Tax Incentives & Abatements — We help you determine if your property is eligible for tax incentives or abatements. If it is, we’ll take you through each step necessary to qualify for these significant tax benefits.
- Tax Impact Studies — To help you make informed decisions based on current and future tax liabilities, we’ll provide tax projections for your current holdings or properties you may consider acquiring.
- Tax Department Services — For those with an in-house tax department, we provide your personnel with expert assistance and training. We can also serve as your outside property tax department, ensuring that all tax notices and bills are reviewed and processed accurately and on time.
UNSURPASSED LEADERSHIP & EXPERTISE
Our Property Tax Assessment Law team is led by Donald T. Rubin. Concentrating in real estate tax law since 1981, he was founder and the first president of the Illinois Property Tax Lawyers Association. Together, Don and the Golan Christie Taglia team offer more than 90 years of combined expertise in property tax law.
"I have been meaning to write you since receiving your message about your win for our client. Having also attended the hearing, I think your case preparation and arguments were great and I am so glad the outcome worked out so perfectly for him. Your arguments were very impressive and I was also impressed with your abilities. I am also relieved that we didn’t get homered by the Board of Review given the school district attorney’s very aggressive and attacking position, even with a compromise finding, since he is regularly before them on behalf of the district.
Yes, do please send me your literature and I will gladly convey it to anyone in need of property tax relief."
-GCT Property Tax Appeals Client, January 2022
Property Tax Assessment Team
Property Tax Assessment Events
- 6/2/2021 ISBA Law Ed: State and Local Tax Basics Series
- 12/5/2019 Interior Property Inspections and the Fourth Amendment: Does This Affect Your Jurisdiction?
- 9/8/2019 Interior Property Inspections and the Fourth Amendment: Does this affect your jurisdiction?
- 10/11/2018 Tax Panel Discussion and Networking Session
Property Tax Assessment Publications
- Charitable Requirements for Hospitals Seeking Property Tax Exemptions, December 2018
- Key Insights into Illinois’ Complex Property Tax System, October 2018